THE SYSTEM “FOR ON THE DAY” APPOINTMENTS HAS CHANGED
We are making the changes to improve the following:-
- To ensure that patients are seen the most appropriate health professional at the most appropriate time
- To reduce the waiting time to see a doctor
- To improve access to telephone advice.
Evidence has shown that of the patients’ concerns presenting to a GP on an average day 60% can be dealt with effectively and safely over the telephone. We’ve listened to what people have told us about their difficulties in speaking to a GP and the length of time to wait for an appointment.
We are aiming to make the changes to improve the following:
- Easier to get through on the phone
- Have shorter waiting time to see the doctor
- No wasted journeys to the surgery if you don’t need to come in
- You can save a trip to A&E by calling your the Medical Centre first.
The receptionist will ask your name, telephone number and brief information regarding your call. You will then be given an approximate time when the Duty Team will call you back that day, usually within 2 hours.
- The telephone call is to determine the best course of action for you. For example telephone advice, arrange tests or face to face nurse/dr appointment.
Two simple steps:
- You phone the Medical Centre and give the receptionist some brief details
- The Duty Team calls you back and gives you advice or arranges for you to be seen by the most appropriate member of the team.
You can still make a routine appointment to see a doctor :-
These can be arranged in person or by telephoning 01561 377258 or you can book an appointment on line.
Please remember each appointment is 10 minutes long and for one person only
- if you cannot keep your appointment please let us know so that it can be used for someone else
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES HAVE PRIORITY
Phone 0345 337 3356
LATE EVENING APPOINTMENTS
- We have introduced late evening appointments every fortnight on a Thursday evening from 6 pm to 8.30 pm
- These appointments are available to help accommodate people who commute or find normal surgery hours difficult to attend.
- Please contact the receptionists if you wish access to these appointments.
Minor Illness Service:
We also provide a minor illness service Tuesday to Friday where you can be seen by a fully trained nurse for minor ailments such as sore throats, skin problems etc.
The nurses and doctors offer the facility of obtaining advice over the telephone. To arrange a telephone consultation, please call 01561 377258 and an appointment time will be allocated when the doctor/nurse can call you back.