The System For "On the Day” Appointments Has Changed
We are making the changes to improve the following:-
- To ensure that patients are seen by the most appropriate health professional at the most appropriate time
- If you feel you need to be seen on the day then please contact the Practice before 11:00a.m.
- To reduce the waiting time to see a doctor
- To improve access to telephone advice.
We are aiming to make the changes to improve the following:
- Easier to get through on the phone
- Easy access to our online clinical consultation service (eConsult)
- Have shorter waiting time to see the most appropriate clinician for you
- No wasted journeys to the surgery if you don’t need to come in
- One of our experienced Admin Team will ask you some questions in relation to your call, please be assured all information is confidential and the questions asked have been developed with the Clinical Team. Your information will be placed on our Triage List and the Duty Doctor will review and action. Please be available to receive a call back and remember the number will show 0300 373 0717 number.
The questions you will be asked are as follows:
- The best contact number to reach you on
- How urgent do you feel this is? (today, within the next 3 days, within the next 7 days)
- Brief description of the problem
- How long you have had this problem
- Is there a particular clinician you would like to deal with you
- Is there any particular treatment you would like
You can still make a routine appointment to see a doctor
These can be arranged by telephoning 0345 337 3356.
Please remember each appointment is 15 minutes long and for one person only
- if you cannot keep your appointment please let us know so that it can be used for someone else.
Medical Emergencies Have Priority
Phone 0345 337 3356.
Extended Hours Appointments
- We have introduced the option of early morning and after surgery telephone appointments to support patients who cannot manage in working hours.
- Please contact the Practice if you wish access to these appointments.
The nurses and doctors offer the facility of obtaining advice over the telephone. To arrange a telephone consultation, please call 0345 337 3356 and an appointment time will be allocated when the doctor/nurse can call you back.
Home visits are reserved for those too ill to attend the surgery.
To arrange a home visit please call 0345 337 3356 before 10.00 am so that we can plan the calls as efficiently as possible. The reception staff are trained to ask questions about your symptoms. This information is confidential and used by the doctors to assess the priority of your call.
A house call cannot be requested just because you do not have a car. Remember we can see several patients in the surgery in the time it takes to do one house call.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.